As I’ve mentioned before here on the blog, I’m a total sucker for Ruffwear and CoLLaR, two companies who make top notch, durable gear for exploring the outdoors with our K9 best friends.
Missy & Buzz own accessories from both, ranging from collars to leashes, backpacks, jackets, and harnesses. Today I’ll be talking to you about Ruffwear’s Cloud Chaser Jacket and CoLLaR’s Airy Vest.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored blog post. I did not receive any kind of compensation for this review. This is solely me expressing my personal opinion. As always here on K9sOverCoffee, I only share information I feel is relevant to my readers & always provide 100% honest reviews. Ruffwear & CoLLaR are not responsible for the content of this blog post.
Ruffwear’s Cloud Chaser Jacket
Ruffwear is a performance dog gear company launched in 1994 by outdoor enthusiast Patrick Kruse & his dog Otis. They are headquartered in Bend, Oregon.
Buzz’s Obsidian Black Cloud Chaser (he wears size large) can be purchased on Ruffwear’s website and retails for $79.95 (same price regardless of different sizes).
The Cloud Chaser’s Features
- Water-and Windproof
- Fleece-Lined Interior
- Breathable Membrane
- Zip Closure
- Reflective Trim
- Customizable Tag
- Machine Washable (cold water on gentle cycle, no dryer)
- Can Be Worn With Backpack And Harness
- Allows Full Range Of Motion
- Very Light – Weighs 8 oz
- Available In 2 Different Colors – Obsidian Black and Forest Green
- Available In 6 Different Sizes – 2XS, Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
$79.95 For Ruffwear's Cloud Chaser Jacket On Their Website
Ruffwear's Apparel Size Chart
Ruffwear's Cloud Chaser Jacket Comes With Reflective Trimming
What I’m Missing On The Cloud Chaser Jacket
– Color Choices
The Cloud Chaser is only available in two colors. I personally would like a broader color spectrum to chose from.
CoLLaR is a Ukrainian based wholesale company who has been making quality pet products since 1995. Their pet products are sold in 40 countries on all continents.
Missy’s black & blue Airy Vest in size M50 retails for $53.00 and can be purchased in Collar’s eBay store (free shipping). Prices range between $29 and $63, depending on the respective size.
$53 For CoLLaR's M45 Airy Vest On Ebay
Missy Wearing CoLLaR's Reversible Airy Vest Jacket
The Airy Vest Features
- Reversible Jacket (Black/Blue)
- Nylon Fabric
- Filled With Synthetic Insulation (Polyester Fibers) Designed To Replicate The Qualities Of Down, Even When Wet
- Water Resistant
- Lycra (Elastic Fiber) Trimmings Around Leg Holes
- Reversible Zip Closure
- Hand Wash Only
- Comes With A Compact Pouch For Storage and Transportation
- Allows Full Range Of Motion
- Super Light – Weighs Only 5.3 oz
- Available In 4 Different Color Combinations- Black/Blue, Lime/Blue, Purple/Pink, Lime/Yellow
- Available In 8 Different Sizes – XS25, XS30, S30, S35, S40, M45, M50, L55
Taking Measurements For CoLLaR's Airy Vest
CoLLaR's Airy Vest Size Chart
CoLLaR's Airy Vest Comes In 4 Different Color Combinations
What I’m Missing On The Airy Vest
– Reflective Features
Unlike Ruffwear’s Cloud Chaser Jacket, CoLLaR’s Airy Vest doesn’t have any reflective trimming, which would be a useful feature for those early and late fall/winter walks to ensure optimal visibility. We make up for it with Missy’s reflective Star Collar, also by CoLLaR.
Missy's Glow-In-The-Dark Collar from CoLLaR
– Full Coverage Of Belly Area
The Airy Vest doesn’t cover the entirety of the belly area, so part of it still gets wet in rainy walking conditions.
Missy Out On A Rainy Walk With CoLLaR's Airy Vest
We especially love the zipper feature on both products. It ensures that the jacket/vest stays on, even when running and jumping. This was always an issue with previously used jackets that were secured using velcro belly straps. I can see those working well for senior or sick dogs who move at a slow pace, but it’s not ideal for active pups.