In this dog fitness resources section you’ll find dog gear from brands I’ve used for many years.
They’ve helped me exercise and train my personal pups as well my client pups in different locations. For example, on walks, hikes, in the mountains and at the beach, and I hope they’ll do the same for you!
Dog Fitness Resources I Recommend
I’ve purchased all of the gear I mention with my own money and am linking to the products on Amazon. I may earn compensation when you click on the links and buy them at no additional cost to you.
- Cloud Chaser
- Approach Pack
- Commuter Pack
- Front Range Harness
Cloud Chaser Jackets
I had been looking for versatile doggie jackets for the outdoors for a while, and finally decided to go with Ruffwear’s Cloud Chaser™ jackets. Missy is sporting the Forest Green version (size M), while Buzz “chose” Obsidian Black (size L). The jackets are also available in Granite Grey & in Red Rock.
Dog backpacks are a wonderful way of increasing your dog’s exercise, both physically and mentally.
Physically because they’re carrying the additional weight of the backpack, and mentally because they’re focusing on the job of carrying the backpack.
Ruffwear’s Approach Pack slips over your dog’s head and has the following features:
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim (perfect for walks in the dark)
- Sturdy, durable nylon material
- Spacious Saddle Bags (perfect for carrying food, treats, water, and poop bags when hiking)
- Saddle Bags are attached to harness, providing perfect load stability and weight distribution
- Features padded assistance handle & a V-ring leash attachment
- Available in 5 different sizes (ranging from XXS to L/XL) and 2 different colors (blue & orange)
Ruffwear’s Commuter Pack also slips over your dog’s head and is another fun dog backpack that features spacious, easy access side bags, as well as:
- Four points of adjustment
- Three leash attachment points
- Polyester fabric with leather accents
- Padded handle
- Non-slip straps
- Reflective trim
Front Range Harness
The Ruffwear Front Range harnesses were the first dog harnesses I was ever introduced to back in 2012, and they’re really great quality.
I’ve mostly used them in the car and on hikes or adventures because they’re great to clip collapsible water bowls and poop bag holders to. However, I have to add that they’re not crash tested (Ruffwear has a specific car harness that IS crash tested).
Here’s what you can expect from the Front Range harness:
- Foam-padded construction
- Four points of adjustment
- Two leash attachment points: aluminum V-ring and reinforced webbing
- ID pocket stores dog tags
- Reflective trim for visibility in low-light conditions
- Shell: 300 denier polyester ripstop
- Padding: Closed-cell foam
- Lining: Polyester knit mesh
- Webbing: Polyester
- Front Leash Attachment: Engineered nylon webbing
- Back Leash Attachment: Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum V-ring
- Buckles: ITW Nexus Airloc
- Treat Pouch
- Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set
- Collapsible Silicone Bowls
- Sport Dog Harness 2.0
- Dual Handle (Bungee) Leash
- Waterproof Leash
Dog Treat Pouch
Mighty Paw’s dog treat pouch is not only sturdy and great for hands-free dog training. It’s also a multi-functional tool as it can be combined with Mighty Paw’s hands-free bungee leash set.
I seriously LOVE the design and have been calling it the Ferrari of dog treat pouches, lol!
Features & Benefits Of The Dog Treat Pouch:
- 7 inches tall with 2 cup treat capacity
- Worn on an adjustable belt (26-42″)
- Has an exterior pocket that holds my iPhone XR
- Features a zippered pocket to hold money, cards, or pocket sized paraphernalia, for example a pepper spray
- Built-in poop bag dispenser
- Carabiner key attachment
- Weatherproof nylon with reflective stitching for low-light visibility
- Can be combined with the Mighty Paw hands-free bungee leash set
Features & Benefits Of The Hands-Free Bungee Leash Set:
- Great for running, jogging, hiking, and walking
- Lightweight design
- Weather-resistant, high quality material that won’t wear with exposure to moisture
- Bungee has 16″ of “spring”, extending to 56″
- Additional D-ring for poop bags
- Works best for dogs 30 lbs-100 lbs
Collapsible Silicone Bowls
These collapsible travel bowls are super convenient to take along on hikes and road trips.
I particularly appreciate the included carabiner clip-ons that make it easy to attach the bowls to our backpacks and harnesses:
- 800ml, two pack food & water bowls
- Collapsible & lightweight
- Food-safe and BPA-free
- Dishwasher-safe for easy clean-up
- Three size levels in each bowl
- Easy clip-on carabiner
- 2 color options: Green & Orange (I have the green ones)
Sport Dog Harness 2.0
Mighty Paw’s Sport Dog Harness 2.0 is a versatile harness that I’m using both for car rides as well as for walks & hikes:
- Fully padded neoprene lining
- Adjustable neck and chest straps
- Doesn’t go over the head but has a neck buckle instead
- Quick-release buckles for easy take on and off
- Padded handle on the back of the harness for easy control
- Two leash attachments
- Durable weather-proof materials and hardware
- Reflective stitching for easy nighttime visibility
- Four size options: Small, medium, large, X-large
- Two color options: Green-grey or Black-orange (I have both!)
Dual-Handle Bungee Leash
Mighty Paw’s dual handle bungee leash has been extremely helpful in getting Wally’s dog reactivity and squirrel craziness under control. I truly can’t recommend it enough:
- Two padded handles make it easy to comfortably regain control of your dog
- Bungee feature reduces unneeded stress to the writs, elbow, shoulder and neck and is recommended by physical therapists
- Made with premium quality weatherproof nylon and durable hardware
- Reflective stitching on both sides of the leash for nighttime visibility
Mighty Paw’s waterproof leash is obviously the perfect leash for water adventures by the beach, but it’s also super practical for rainy walks or muddy hikes:
- Waterproof, smell-proof
- PVC-based coated nylon material
- Withstands 345 KGs of max force tension
- All-weather, all-terrain
- Soft and comfortable on the hands
- Reflective stripe for added safety at night
Update 2021: I began working for Mighty Paw last year. That’s how much I believe in their products!
Dog Fitness Resources: Dog Agility Tunnel
I bought our dog agility tunnel in 2012 for a little inside fun in our apartment, and while it definitely has a few scratches at this point, it’s still fully functional!
What I like about it is that it’s super easy to set up and break back down. Once it’s back in its storage sleeve, it takes up close to no room.
Ruffwear’s All-Weather Sleeved Cloudchaser Jacket – A Review
Dog Fitness & More With The Ruffwear Approach Pack
Mighty Paw’s Dog Treat Pouch – Perfect for Dog Walking & Training
Enjoying The Outdoors with Mighty Paw’s Durable Gear